Robust FileMaker hosting and back-up
Decent Group provides robust, fast, reliable and secure FileMaker hosting. There’s no long supply chain or waiting for people in other countries to be awake: all our cloud services are run by our dedicated team from our headquarters in Swindon.
Decent Group offer FileMaker system or FileMaker server hosting. We will ensure competent, sensible and appropriate provision of all necessary backup, server-side licensing, disaster recovery and preventative maintenance procedures. Planned maintenance will be scheduled outside of UK business hours and notification will be provided 48 hours in advance by telephone and/or email.
Which hosting option is right for me?
The table below shows a series of scenarios and recommends what’s likely to be the most appropriate hosting arrangement in each case. This is only a guide, though — individual situations vary for all sorts of reasons, so please contact Decent Group to discuss yours before making a decision.
|Scenario||What you most likely need|
|1 internal user, no access by customers/suppliers, no access from mobile devices||No server — FileMaker Pro only. Ensure it’s properly backed up!|
|1 internal user otherwise||Cloud hosting|
|2-5 internal users, all in the same location, no access by customers/suppliers, no access from mobile devices||Best practice is cloud hosting, however you could use FileMaker Pro only. Ensure it’s properly backed up!|
|2-5 internal users otherwise||Cloud hosting|
|6-10 internal users||Cloud hosting|
|11-100 internal users, where there’s no single location that’s home to the majority||Cloud hosting|
|11-100 internal users, majority based in a single location, low to moderate level of external access by customers/suppliers||Server on site — specified, installed, configured and maintained by FileMaker Certified experts|
|11-100 internal users, majority based in a single location, high level of external access by customers/suppliers||Server on site, but with external-facing components cloud-hosted and suitable replication. Please call to discuss your situation so we can recommend the right thing for you.|
|Over 100 internal users, low to moderate level of external access by customers/suppliers||Probably server on site, but depends on circumstances. Please call to discuss your situation so we can recommend the right thing for you.|
|Over 100 internal users, high level of external access by customers/suppliers||Probably cloud hosting, but depends on circumstances. Please call to discuss your situation so we can recommend the right thing for you.|
|Access needed from low-bandwidth environments||Specialist configuration needed. Please call to discuss your situation so we can recommend the right thing for you.|
We’ve highlighted below some pointers for server vs cloud, contact contact Decent Group if you have any questions.
When is a server most suitable? FileMaker can generally support 2-5 people using it simultaneously but we would recommend that to avoid business risk you invest in a server for around 4 people upwards.
If you have 40 or more people working with FileMaker, plus a number of people using it remotely, we would recommend that you invest in a server and that it is properly looked after by your own IT staff or through a service level agreement.
When should you use cloud? If you have 5 or more staff or a sizeable number of customers or suppliers, we would recommend cloud-based hosting to give you remote access and fast access times. In this scenario you wouldn’t need a dedicated on-site server or on-site staff to maintain it.
• Considering moving your existing systems to FileMaker? Visit Migrate to FileMaker.
• Looking to commission (or finish) a FileMaker system build? See FileMaker development.
• Want one-off or ongoing support of your FileMaker solution? Look at our FileMaker support.
• Like some training or mentoring on FileMaker? Find out what we offer FileMaker training.
• Need to join FileMaker with other systems? See FileMaker integration.
• Seeking advice on services, hosting or cloud? Look at FileMaker hosting.
• Upgrading from an older FileMaker version? Visit FileMaker upgrades.
• Buying or renewing your FileMaker platform licence? Look at Buy FileMaker.
Why choose Decent Group for your FileMaker project?
• Experience: our experts are an authority on FileMaker, working with the platform for over 20 years
• Trusted partner: we are commercially independent from FileMaker and will give you sound advice and a solid project plan so you can evaluate the investment, timeline and efficiency savings of your FileMaker project
• Future-proofing: we evaluate your needs to devise a FileMaker system which will serve you well for years to come
• Projects large and small: our developers have many thousands of hours of FileMaker experience working on complex new projects, planned migrations, straightforward upgrades, as well as training and mentoring clients
• Speed of work: our expertise means we complete FileMaker projects quickly and to the highest standards
• FileMaker status: we’ve been recognised as one of the elite Platinum companies in the FileMaker Business Alliance
• UK and beyond: we’ve gained the accolade of FileMaker Partner of the Year across Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Decent Group FileMaker Cloud hosting will:
- Be robust, fast, secure and reliable
- Avoid hardware and licensing costs (we’ve made the investment so you don’t have to)
- Provide real-time data access from the office, home or on the road
- Provide peace of mind, with backup and maintenance taken care of by the experts
- Be directly managed by Decent Group’s own experts based in the UK
- Allow fast access even in low-bandwidth conditions
- Work seamlessly on Windows, Mac, any tablet or phone (iOS or Android)
- Provide you with a complete solution – business system development and ongoing support service available
- Ensures your business system runs efficiently
- Enables collaborative working
- Enables enhanced productivity
- Brilliant user experience, easy to use
- Up-to-date information always available, anywhere
- Reduced costs – we’ve made the investment so you don’t have to
- Scalable to suit evolving business
Standard FileMaker Cloud Hosting
Advanced FileMaker hosting accessible anywhere for FileMaker versions 12-16 (we can also offer hosting for versions 11 and below; please contact us for details).
- Fast mobile access with FileMaker Go on any tablet or phone (iPhone or Android)
- Public access using FileMaker WebDirect, or embedded in to your existing website using PHP Custom Web Publishing
- Several desktop users accessing from different sites with strong broadband connections
- Lightweight FileMaker systems
Premium FileMaker Cloud Hosting
All the benefits of cloud, now at local network speed
Lower-bandwidth configuration, best for:
- Several desktop users accessing from the same site
- Users accessing from 3G mobile connections or slower broadband
- More complex FileMaker systems
- Database email hosting
- Database web page hosting
- Automated process hosting
- FileMaker backup
Ask us about FileMaker hosting
To find out how we could help you get your FileMaker system hosted securely, reliably and cost-effectively in the cloud, contact us today on 01793 250 198 or using our contact form