At Decent Group we work with clients across a variety of industries and requirements, from architects to health, to manufacturing and scientific industries. Many clients have a desire to connect their FileMaker system with other programs and systems for a more joined up way of working, whether it’s to achieve better reporting from their business system or to make the back end processes and workflow more efficient.
As companies grow and software develops, organisations can be faced with their ‘legacy’ system being unable to cope with their changing requirements.
• Considering moving your existing systems to FileMaker? Visit Migrate to FileMaker.
• Looking to commission (or finish) a FileMaker system build? See FileMaker development.
• Want one-off or ongoing support of your FileMaker solution? Look at our FileMaker support.
• Like some training or mentoring on FileMaker? Find out what we offer FileMaker training.
• Need to join FileMaker with other systems? See FileMaker integration.
• Seeking advice on services, hosting or cloud? Look at FileMaker hosting.
• Upgrading from an older FileMaker version? Visit FileMaker upgrades.
• Buying or renewing your FileMaker platform licence? Look at Buy FileMaker.
Why choose Decent Group for your FileMaker project?
• Experience: our experts are an authority on FileMaker, working with the platform for over 20 years
• Trusted partner: we are commercially independent from FileMaker and will give you sound advice and a solid project plan so you can evaluate the investment, timeline and efficiency savings of your FileMaker project
• Future-proofing: we evaluate your needs to devise a FileMaker system which will serve you well for years to come
• Projects large and small: our developers have many thousands of hours of FileMaker experience working on complex new projects, planned migrations, straightforward upgrades, as well as training and mentoring clients
• Speed of work: our expertise means we complete FileMaker projects quickly and to the highest standards
• FileMaker status: we’ve been recognised as one of the elite Platinum companies in the FileMaker Business Alliance
• UK and beyond: we’ve gained the accolade of FileMaker Partner of the Year across Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Connecting FileMaker seamlessly with other software
We say that the beauty of FileMaker is that we can integrate it with a very wide range of other software systems and applications, ensuring you can keep your specialist program whilst gaining productivity benefits associated with being part of one overall system. We can help integrate FileMaker with MailChimp, Constant Contact or other marketing programs. The most common integration requirements are FileMaker-Xero integration and FileMaker-Sage integration, allowing you to leverage the power of FileMaker to run your operations, and keep your chosen accounts system up-to-date without rekeying data.
Other software we can integrate with FileMaker includes Oracle, SAP, QuickBooks, MailChimp, SharePoint, Lead Forensics, accounting packages like Sage or Xero, or specialist third-party services like Royal Mail, Parcelforce, eBay and currency converters.
The FileMaker API means we can integrate your FileMaker system with a host of programs and web services in a seamless manner.
Essentially, we can integrate your FileMaker system with stock control management, emails, CRM, ERP, MRP, lead management and order management systems, transport planning – the list is ever-growing and includes formats such as JSON, XML, cURL, SQL, ODBC, CSV, DBV, TXT… to exchange data with other web services and applications. We can also create automated reports or set the system up to print PDFs of invoices or labels.
On the database side, we can integrate FileMaker and MySQL, plus a host of other databases such as FileMaker and Excel, Access or Bento.
Barcodes remain a popular choice for inventory tracking and the FileMaker barcode scanner allows you to scan EAN, UPC and QR codes through FileMaker’s WebDirect program, using an iOS mobile device.
An example of how FileMaker integration can make all the difference
Many businesses currently have very inefficient processes. In this online store scenario, your customer places their order on a WordPress website, you then receive orders via email, then manually check the stock database, create a new customer record in your Sage accounting system, type in the information from the email, add in the invoicing/payment details into Sage, create a delivery number, print the delivery note and postage label in the Royal Mail system, then go back into the website to mark it as despatched.
Using FileMaker to integrate the systems will avoid having to maintain multiple systems, retype data two or three times, and potentially introduce errors into the data. The order process could then be started automatically by the customer placing the order on the website and then the FileMaker integration would ensure that all the other systems could access the relevant data automatically.
Ask us about FileMaker integration: to find out how we could help you integrate your systems and become more efficient, contact us today on 01793 250 198 or using our contact form