Claris FileMaker system support
At Decent Group we can support your existing Claris FileMaker system to ensure the essential processes it fulfils are documented, that the system is healthy and that you know what work will be needed in the coming months or years. We can provide FileMaker support and installations of systems written in FileMaker 3, 4, 4.1, 5, 5.5, 6, 7, 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 or 19 – although for the best results we would recommend upgrading older versions to the latest ones. We can help to install the FileMaker upgrade or with licensing whether you want to run FileMaker on Windows, Mac or iOS.
If your server or system goes down and you lose hours or days restoring it, that could cost thousands of pounds to remedy, plus the cost of lost business opportunities and lost productivity. In order to guard against this important area of business risk, our FileMaker System Condition Report ensures you are fully cognisant of any security issues, data corruption, redundant areas of the system, and opportunities for future development.
If you have a FileMaker problem, need some FileMaker help or feel you’re patching your system up, let us help you move from a band aid situation to having a FileMaker Pro system that’s a reliable, integral part of your business.
Are you finding FileMaker slow?
Slowness is a common FileMaker problem with FileMaker systems. If you have eliminated the basics — ensuring best practices are followed with network connections, server machine specification, and so on — the most likely cause is inefficiencies in how the system is programmed. Most FileMaker slowness can be resolved by redesigning the data structure, the way in which calculations are performed, the way scripts are coded to operate, or even the nature of data that is displayed on screens or reports. There is no one single answer to FileMaker slowness, as every system is different, but if you are experiencing slowness in your FileMaker system then we will be happy to investigate and diagnose it in a methodical way, and can advise on the best corrective action to take. Slowness can be a crippling FileMaker problem, but the cause is almost always traceable and fixable.
We can help your business become GDPR compliant
The strict requirements of GDPR affect every business that stores personally-identifiable data in its systems. The FileMaker platform, if properly deployed, provides tools and resources to help you achieve GDPR compliance.
• Looking to commission (or finish) a FileMaker system build? See FileMaker development.
• Like some training or mentoring on FileMaker? Find out what we offer FileMaker training.
• Need to join FileMaker with other systems? See FileMaker integration.
• Seeking advice on services, hosting or cloud? Look at FileMaker hosting.
• Upgrading from an older FileMaker version? Visit FileMaker upgrades.
• Buying or renewing your FileMaker platform licence? Look at Buy FileMaker.
FileMaker System Condition Reports
In a System Condition Report our FileMaker experts will review your FileMaker system and report back to you with their analysis triaged by urgent recommendations, medium priority and low priority. This ensures you can choose to contract us to deal with the most urgent or essential issues first.
We’ll work with clients in the UK and overseas to review areas such as: who has the authorisation to copy data, or make deletions to the database, for example; whether there are unregistered plug-ins or incorrect scripts slowing the system down or causing errors; all areas which FileMaker security could resolve. In a System Condition Report we also highlight measures which could be required immediately such as off-site backups, or in the future, such as an upgrade or install of the latest version of FileMaker.
We can fix FileMaker errors
If you’re in a position where your FileMaker system needs an expert to solve an urgent FileMaker error or problem or need some FileMaker help, contact us. Whether your FileMaker system runs on Windows, Mac or iOS, we can help. Our experienced FileMaker developers are adept at identifying why your FileMaker system may be behaving oddly, giving a second opinion on your in-house set-up, or troubleshooting an urgent issue, from deployment to network problems and performance challenges.
• Experience: our experts are an authority on FileMaker, working with the platform for over 20 years
• Trusted partner: we are commercially independent from FileMaker and will give you sound advice and a solid project plan so you can evaluate the investment, timeline and efficiency savings of your FileMaker project
• Future-proofing: we evaluate your needs to devise a FileMaker system which will serve you well for years to come
• Projects large and small: our developers have many thousands of hours of FileMaker experience working on complex new projects, FileMaker migrations, FileMaker upgrades, as well as training and mentoring clients
• Speed of work: our expertise means we complete FileMaker projects quickly and to the highest standards
• FileMaker status: we’ve been recognised as one of the elite Platinum companies in the FileMaker Business Alliance
• UK and beyond: we’ve gained the accolade of FileMaker Partner of the Year across Europe, Middle East and Asia.
FileMaker service and support contracts
For a regular monthly fee our FileMaker service and support contracts give you peace of mind that regular monitoring and maintenance is being carried out by our FileMaker certified consultants who work with clients across the UK and further afield.
This could involve monthly preventative maintenance to reduce the chance of data corruption and risk in your FileMaker system, carrying out day-to-day support issues and ensuring that disaster recovery measures are in place. We also provide you with a quarterly review.
To discuss how we can help support, stabilise, secure and breathe life into your FileMaker system, contact us today on 01793 250 198 or using our contact form