Supporting your FileMaker system
At Decent Group we can support your existing FileMaker system to ensure the essential processes it fulfils are documented, that the system is healthy and that you know what work will be needed in the coming months or years. We can support systems written in FileMaker 3, 4, 4.1, 5, 5.5, 6, 7, 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 or 16 – although for the best results we would recommend upgrading older versions to the latest ones. We can help with the upgrade and licensing.
If your server or system goes down and you lose hours or days restoring it, that could cost thousands of pounds to remedy, plus the cost of lost business opportunities and lost productivity. In order to guard against this important area of business risk, our FileMaker System Condition Report ensures you are fully cognisant of any security issues, data corruption, redundant areas of the system, and opportunities for future development.
If you have a problem or feel you’re patching your system up, let us help you move from a band aid situation to having a FileMaker Pro system that’s a reliable, integral part of your business.
• Considering moving your existing systems to FileMaker? Visit Migrate to FileMaker.
• Looking to commission (or finish) a FileMaker system build? See FileMaker development.
• Want one-off or ongoing support of your FileMaker solution? Look at our FileMaker support.
• Like some training or mentoring on FileMaker? Find out what we offer FileMaker training.
• Need to join FileMaker with other systems? See FileMaker integration.
• Seeking advice on services, hosting or cloud? Look at FileMaker hosting.
• Upgrading from an older FileMaker version? Visit FileMaker upgrades.
• Buying or renewing your FileMaker platform licence? Look at Buy FileMaker.
Why choose Decent Group for your FileMaker project?
• Experience: our experts are an authority on FileMaker, working with the platform for over 20 years
• Trusted partner: we are commercially independent from FileMaker and will give you sound advice and a solid project plan so you can evaluate the investment, timeline and efficiency savings of your FileMaker project
• Future-proofing: we evaluate your needs to devise a FileMaker system which will serve you well for years to come
• Projects large and small: our developers have many thousands of hours of FileMaker experience working on complex new projects, planned migrations, straightforward upgrades, as well as training and mentoring clients
• Speed of work: our expertise means we complete FileMaker projects quickly and to the highest standards
• FileMaker status: we’ve been recognised as one of the elite Platinum companies in the FileMaker Business Alliance
• UK and beyond: we’ve gained the accolade of FileMaker Partner of the Year across Europe, Middle East and Asia.
FileMaker System Condition Reports
In a System Condition Report our FileMaker experts will review your system and report back to you with their analysis triaged by urgent recommendations, medium priority and low priority. This ensures you can choose to contract us to deal with the most urgent or essential issues first.
We’ll review areas such as: who has the authorisation to copy data, or make deletions to the database, for example; whether there are unregistered plug-ins or incorrect scripts slowing the system down or causing errors; all areas which FileMaker security could resolve. In a System Condition Report we also highlight measures which could be required immediately such as off-site backups, or in the future, such as an upgrade to the latest version of FileMaker.
A quick FileMaker fix
If you’re in a position where your FileMaker system needs an expert to solve an urgent problem, contact us. Our experienced FileMaker developers are adept at identifying why your FileMaker system may be behaving oddly, giving a second opinion on your in-house set-up, or troubleshooting an urgent issue, from deployment to network problems and performance challenges.
For a regular monthly fee our service contracts give you peace of mind that regular monitoring and maintenance is being carried out by our FileMaker certified experts.
This could involve monthly preventative maintenance to reduce the chance of data corruption and risk in your FileMaker system, carrying out day-to-day support issues and ensuring that disaster recovery measures are in place. We also provide you with a quarterly review.
To discuss how we can help stabilise, secure and breathe life into your FileMaker system, contact us today on 01793 250 198 or using our contact form